a repository of sundry ramblings and images . . .

16 August 2011

Steal away

Bijou in the bush by Annclinations
Bijou in the bush, a photo by Annclinations on Flickr.
I didn't do anything artsy today. No, that's not completely true, I did do some online research to help me in a couple of my current projects. I just didn't have time or the emotional energy to be artsy.  With this admission, so too comes the realization my days of artsy abandon are soon to be transformed into the real world.  Like Bijou, who likes to settle herself in secret corners, I would like to steal away to some such place and extend my stay-cation just a little longer. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and do look forward to getting back, seeing the students, my colleagues and meeting the challenges of a new year. That said, one of the aspects that I do love about my amazing job are the vacations!

However, it is the middle of August after all and the school year begins full-tilt in a couple of weeks. In fact, there are a lot of places in the world where school has already been in session. So, I have no right to moan.  It's just that I've thoroughly enjoyed everything I've done / learned this summer, particularly that "doing" art has to become overt and intentional or it remains merely an interest, a hobby or a pastime. I hope that as my schedule becomes more complicated with the responsibilities of my work-a-day world, I can build that artful intentionality into my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment