a repository of sundry ramblings and images . . .

30 July 2011

day 17 mosaic

day 17 mosaic by Annclinations
day 17 mosaic, a photo by Annclinations on Flickr.
New project! Hurrah! Actually it's an idea I've had cooking in my imagination for a long time.

When I was a teenager, my mother gave me her sterling sliver charm bracelet. Talk about vintage!! I haven't worn it for years. Last year I decided to try and design a necklace for her, integrating the bracelet into the piece.

Lately I've seen several polymer clay artists using translucent clay and achieving really interesting effects. So, I decided to try my hand at it.

The beads I did today started with translucent Pardo Professional Art Clay and Stamperia alcohol inks.  I am pretty happy with the results so far.  However, the sapphire ink was way to saturated for the green I was trying to create.  I will try for a more olive green tomorrow.

Now, to try "sanding" them all in my tumbler!

1 comment:

  1. Those are so much fun! I love the colors. I bet they will make a beautiful necklace for your mom.

    ReplyDelete