a repository of sundry ramblings and images . . .

14 July 2011

For bet than never is late

Get your art on buttons by Traci Bunkers
Get your art on buttons, a photo by Traci Bunkers on Flickr.
Yesterday I opened my new blog, determinedly keen to set off in new directions, when today I find, via Anke Humpert's blog, an interesting, do-able challenge from Traci Bunkers: 30 Days of Get Your Art On. With a view to honing her art into more of a habit, Traci's rules are simple:
  • make art everyday and post what was done
  • as long as something is worked on, it doesn't have to be completed
  • minimum of 30 minutes required, though more is allowed
  • what doesn't matter as much as doing
  • no guilt allowed, nor justification required
  • in posting, no details are necessary
Sounds like a pledge I can live up to. Though starting behind many others, I begin today. Quoting Geoffrey Chaucer's 1386 turn of phrase in The Yeoman's Tale from his Canterbury Tales: for bet than never is late.

I will post today's contribution - after I've figured out what it is - later!

No comments:

Post a Comment