a repository of sundry ramblings and images . . .

31 July 2011

Day 18

Day 18 by Annclinations
Day 18, a photo by Annclinations on Flickr.
It was a very busy day today. I remixed all the translucent colors this morning to make an extruded "stringer" for a focal bead. Then I mixed up an olive green that pleased me. I think by removing the pink beads and the dark teal beads, I will be a lot happier with the palette than I have been so far.

I drilled lots of holes today as I decided that I prefer making them after curing the beads in order to avoid distorting the bead shape. I have also had the tumbler going nearly all day--sanding. Buffing will occur during the night.

I have only waxed and buffed one bead so far--the one in the photo above. I really like the sheen on it and the depth the translucent clay provides to the bead.

Congratulations to everyone who finished their 30 days to get your art on! I've have enjoyed following your progress. You have all been very inspiring and I intend to keep track of your doings in the future. My best wishes to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment